Zeiss 510 Confocal/spectral/multiphoton Imaging Microscopy System
The LSM510 Meta scan head is mounted on a side port of the Axiovert200 MOT inverted microscope and contains three conventional confocal. PMT detectors and a confocal polychromatic detector (Meta detector) and appropriate filters and pinholes for multi-channel multi-spectral confocal and spectral imaging. The confocal system consists of a LSM510 Meta scan head, transmission detector, laser module, and a computer. The system is controlled and operated via a separate electronics module (E-box) and a computer with a 1.8 GHz Intel Xeon dual-core processor, 2.5 GB RDRAM, a CD burner and two 18" flat screen monitors. The system software includes data analysis capacity for time lapse and physiology. The Zeiss 510 Meta 4.0 software has many functions, including the Multi-Timing Macro, Multicolor+3D+time, FRAP, multitrack scanning to avoid crosstalk, various image analysis functions (e.g. 3D projection, linear unmixing), etc.
The Coherent 10W Verdi pumped 150fs Ti:sapphire pulsed multiphoton laser is manually tunable from 700 to 1000 nm This is an integrated system that will allow two-photon multi-spectral confocal imaging and analysis of live cells and tissues for extended incubation periods.
The components equipped with the Zeiss 510 system
- Zeiss 510 META imaging system coupled to Axioplan 200M epifluorescence microscope.
- Objective lenses: 10X/0.45, 25X/0.80 (MI), 40X/1.30 (Oil), 60X/1.20 (Water), 63X/1.40 (Oil), 100X/1.40 (Oil).
- 40mW Argon-ion laser (458, 477, 488, 514 nm), DPSS 561 nm, 633 nm.
- Coherent 10W Verdi pumped fs Ti:sapphire pulsed multiphoton laser, manually tunable from 700 to 1000 nm.
- Four PMT detectors (3 fluorescence channels + 1 transmission channel) for confocal and multiphoton imaging.
- Meta detector (32-channel PMT array) for confocal and multiphoton spectral imaging.
- Temperature controlled Chamber and Eppendorf microinjection device.